[TYPO3-commerce] global discount for articles wanted

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 17 13:07:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

>> I also coded a discount feature for a customer. He needed a discount
>> based on a fe_user group which can be overridden by a special discount
>> given to a single fe_user itself. The discount is a global setting and
>> applies to all articles, that are allowed for discounts.
>> For each product he can define, if discounts should be applied or not
>> and for each article he can define if it should use the discount setting
>> from the product (which is default), explicit allow or deny discounts
>> for the article.
>
> How do you handle these settings? With attributes?

I just added a new field to the DB.

>> So you see that discounts can be used in various ways and therefor it's
>> hard to fine ONE overall solution.
>
> Right, in your case the discount-article won't help.
>

> So there are at least 2 diffrent Discounts:
>
> * per product - like the description from Franz.
>
> * global - like the x% on first order I talked about, or also things
> like gift coupons. Only for this one the discount-article is the way to go.

In fact, there are a lot more:

* fixed discount per user/usergroup (most likely for b2b shops) like in
my case
* discount per category (special offers)
* discount per manufacturer (might come handy in some cases)
* discount per product
* discount per article

each of this discounts could either be applied with a dropdown of
predefined discount settings or by hand. A combination from both might
be best. Then there also must be a possibility where the editor can
decide if discounts per user/usergroup should also get applied on any
other discount.

Coupons and discounts at first order are in my eyes no discounts in a
regular way - which means, that these could be provided in separate
extensions.

Maybe I find some time to extract the discount part of my customers
extension and add the other discount possibilities. But that could take
a while as I'm quite busy right now.

--
Greetings,
Franz