[TYPO3-commerce] global discount for articles wanted

robelix roland at robelix.com
Wed Oct 17 12:43:54 CEST 2007

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I added a new article-type "discount", a Discount Product in the
>> System-Category with a Welcome-Discount-Article that has the new
>> article-type. The uid of the type and article, and the percentage of the
>> discount has to be set in the ext_conf_template of the extension.
>>
>> In a couple of Hooks for pi2, pi3 and commerce_pibase I did the
>> discount-adding, price-recalculation and displaying stuff.
>>
>> My thing is far from perfect, but I needed to get it running...
>>

>> I would really like a discount-system - think the additional article
>> type is the way to go. Propably something really flexible with custom
>> classes - like payment. I'm willing to help, but not enough time to
>> build it up alone.
>
> I don't think a additional article type is the overall solution. It
> might suite for some needs but not for all. See the following:
>
> I also coded a discount feature for a customer. He needed a discount
> based on a fe_user group which can be overridden by a special discount
> given to a single fe_user itself. The discount is a global setting and
> applies to all articles, that are allowed for discounts.
> For each product he can define, if discounts should be applied or not
> and for each article he can define if it should use the discount setting
> from the product (which is default), explicit allow or deny discounts
> for the article.

How do you handle these settings? With attributes?

> So you see that discounts can be used in various ways and therefor it's
> hard to fine ONE overall solution.

Right, in your case the discount-article won't help.

So there are at least 2 diffrent Discounts:

* per product - like the description from Franz.

* global - like the x% on first order I talked about, or also things
like gift coupons. Only for this one the discount-article is the way to go.

Roland.