[TYPO3-commerce] second child menu for categories

Paul Hansen paul at ecopixel.com
Mon May 7 19:32:52 CEST 2007

Alexander wrote:
> Hello list
> I need to get your advices. Need to realize on my site 2 menus. First
> one -  menu of categories, second one - menu of sub categories of parent
> category. As I know, in case with a normal menus I can use "entryLevel",
> can I use it to build commerce navigation?

You would build your category tree appropriately, then use the "special"
HMENU property to select the starting point:

10 = HMENU
10.special.category = 2
10.1 = TMENU

...etc...where 2 is the ID of the category. The constant for this is
{$plugin.tx_commerce_lib.catUid}, the default category.

This means that if you want a menu that shows all your categories,
you'll need to create one parent and put all your subcategories under this.

Take care,
Paul