[TYPO3-commerce] editing text in templates

Fri Mar 23 18:06:30 CET 2007

Dear Stephan,

>>Hi,
>>
>>a lot of Text in Commerce is not multi-language usable and reporters are not
>

> able to edit them: All text in the templates (Checkout, Usermail, Adminmail,
> Adressediting, etc.)
>
>>How can i (ore you) change the templates with variables (no text) and text
>
> editing in the Typo3 backend?
>
> normally all text output *should* be in side of locallang files.
>
> PI1 is complete withgout any text
> pi3 is complete withgout any text
> pi2 is just a minor word without translation handling.
>
> Could you please name me an example?
>
> ingo
>
> Dear Ingo,
> reporters are not able to edit the texts. Sometimes the text in the usermail
> and the checkout changes, because of the low and because of changing
> shippinghandling and orderinghandling. The shopowner must be able to edit these
> texts without an admin. Multilingual means more than only an translation. Maybe
> the text in the checkout is in Russian complete different from German, because
> of the different law and shipping and resellers and organisation! - Really ALL
> text must be editable in the backend.

We are using standard TYPO3 templates for commerce (We tried to take teh
benefits of most what in TYPO3 already exists). As TYPO3 has no ability
to edit those files (unless you go to the fileadmin and change them), I
don't see a chance for a Backend module.

But, what can be done, is to configure the TS to use File-Templates from
the fileadmin area and give the user acces to those files. So he could
change them.

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung