[TYPO3-commerce] shipping

Firma Cordes mail at firma-cordes.com
Fri Mar 23 15:26:02 CET 2007

>Sebastian Stanger wrote:
>Once again I have to ask, if there are any news.
>I have got I client who wants to donate for the development of this feature.
>It would be good to know, if someone is allready working on this, sothat
>we won´t do anything twice.
>
>Is there someone else out there, who needs this feature?

Hi,
yes, of cause! Nearly every shop needs this!
- different shippingkost for different size and weight and number of parcels
- different shippingkost for different ways (by air, by ship, etc.)
- different shippingkost for each land
- different shippingkost for different regions

Maybe for starting there should be a view tables with "land", "weight" and "price"
Example:
Table 1 for small products (normal parcels) (Typ 1)
Table 2 for bigger products (no normal parcels) (Typ 2)
Table 3 for danger products ... (Typ 3)

With this tables commerce needs only the weight and the type of each product. I think this should be the easiest way.

This tables can also be used to write them down in the "shippingcosts" on the shopsite. (this is now an "must have" in Germany by law!)

The different regions ore ways can be realized with more select fields in the Checkout. (Adding prices)

Regards,
Stephan Cordes