[TYPO3-commerce] commerce and navigation

Wed Mar 21 17:46:35 CET 2007

Dear Luc,

> Hi list...
> I think I'm going to have several question through my implementation of
> commerce extension.
>
> I just asked sooner about the demo shop who might be put online somewhere...
>
> well here it goes for my question. it's about navigation.
>
> I achieved to get my menu without problems
>
> my problem is that, I need to categorize product within categories and their
> manufacturers and this should appear in the menu.
>
> well imagine those points.
>
> I got 2 manufacturers
> Sony and Philips
> I got 3 categories
> Mp3, Hifi, Home Cinema
>
> The navigation menu I would like to display is something like this :
>
> Mp3
>     Sony
>     Phillips
> Hifi
>     Sony
>     Philipps
> Home Cinema
>     Sony
>     Philips
>
> One bonus is that if I click on a category (eg : mp3) all articles related
> to MP3 are displayed, if I click on Philips only articles from manufacturers
> Philips are going to be shown. (well may this sound logical)
>
> Does anyone got an idea how to achieve this ? I didn't get any point to act
> on manufacturers in navigations.
>
> Best Regards and thanks for help :)

We have only a navigation based on categories. But, as you could assign
categories and products to more than one parent category, you could
easiely create such a category structure by your self.

Regards

ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung