[TYPO3-commerce] api for import/export for products/articles, user and order data

Wed Feb 21 23:22:36 CET 2007

Dear Alex,
> hi,
>
> is there an api in place for importing products/article form an erp
> system? because of the massive use of flexforms, this seems not very
> straight forward to me!? how to you handle that. same question for
> generated user records and orders?

Although we use flexforms to *display* the data, we store the data in
the database (lot's of hooks are used to do this). The database is the
only place for the data used for the frontend and the classes. So, if
you don't need the backend module, you could just store the data in the
database. In this case, if you go in the backend, the flexforms will be
emtpy, and if you safe, your data is erased.

Ricardo has written some api methods to build the flexform data out of
the database, but I hav't had the time to check it. I could send you the
data, unchecked.

Regards

ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung