[TYPO3-commerce] Atrributes - noob question

Fri Feb 9 14:10:49 CET 2007

Hi Dimitry,

> Please, somebody explain me the difference between "select", "shall", "can",
> "product"  and "filter attributes"?

Ok.

Select Attributes are Attributes on wich the diffenert Articles related
to a product are different. If you have a T-Shirt the select attribute
could be color or size, as the articles all are different concerning
these attributes.

Shall dn can attributes are used to describe a produce, can is a "can"
attrbute, shall is a "must" attribute, as a real must attribute is only
hard to code. A can Attribute concerning t_shirt could be wash at 60
degrees, a Must attribute cann be Percantage of lambswool.

A Product Attribute ist a attribute wich is common for all articles
related to a product.

A Filter Attribute is used for special extensions, where you can select
Articles based on filter.

I hope it's clear now, if not, wi'll shoud write here a finla
description and I'll add this to the documentation.

Regards
Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung