[TYPO3-commerce] payment methods : orderID available before insert order into DB ?

daTib tibojunk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:42:06 CET 2007

Hello list,
i'm trying to implement a payment method that needs an orderID.
The method basically consists of a form with a series of hidden fields and a
submit button. That form has to be submitted to the payment service, which
requires an orderID.

I guess I could provide a fake orderID to the payment service but I would
like it to be the real one. So is it possible to generate the orderID before
the "finishIt" function in pi3? Or do I have to search another way?

Any ideas would be helpful, thank you.