[TYPO3-commerce] CSS

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Aug 20 09:37:33 CEST 2007

Szabolcs Feczak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Im trying to set up commerce extension on typo3. v4.2.1
> First I have tried with version 0.9.2 from the extension repository

Wow! Gimme a copy of TYPO3 4.2.1

:-)

> I had quite a lot of problems with this setting up including NO_STOCK
> error which I could only remove by editing the template files.
>

> So I started to use revision 6269. from svn.
>
> This version works much better, however I still face problems
>
> first of all, the template output is unformatted
> I found a reference to the file
> commerce/res/css/commerce.css
> in static/setup.txt but this file does not exist and
> I could not find it with google either ...
>
> Does anybody have this file, to have at least the basic formatting ?

There is no ".css" file anywhere in the commerce source.

> Second even though I set up all PageID-s in constant editor, I still
> had to manually configure the Detail Page under Product listing module content
> on the Templates tab otherwise it did not get me to the detail page from the category list
>
> Why is that, is there a global variable for this ?
>

> This how it looks like now
> http://burwell.symsol.com.au/index.php?id=78
> but the image is not displayed, however I set it up on the product detail .....
>
> How can I make it to display ?
> images do not display even under detailed view if I click on the product .....
>
> Is  "Add to basket" link only an "alias" to the function entering the number 1 into the input box next to it and hit submit ...
> I mean one of them is redundant am I right ? I would keep the add to basket link and they can still modify the quantity on the
> shopping cart page ...
>
> When I finish with checkout I receive (a) quite vague message(s):
>
> The transaction was completed successfully Your email address is not valid. Please try again. Thank you for your order. Your shopteam

I have seen this too, but have not looked into it yet.

> However I put a valid email address in and I got notification about the order, so if it was successful why do I get this message, moreover
> why do I get it at the same time when it says succsessfull
>
> I have tried to set up custom template according to the wiki, like this
> constant:
> templatePathCommerce = fileadmin/template/burwell/commerce/
>
> setup:
> #settings for product listing
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.maxRecords = 6
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}/category_product.tpl
>
> #settings for basket
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi2.templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}/shoppingcart.tpl
>
> #settings for mail
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi3 {
>   templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}/template_checkout.tpl
>   UserMailTemplateFile =  {$templatePathCommerce}/template_usermail.tpl
>   AdminMailTemplateFile =  {$templatePathCommerce}/template_adminmail.tpl
> }
>
> #settings for address forms
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi4.templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}/template_addresses.tpl
>
> #settings for invoice
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi6.templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}/invoice.tpl
>

> That is my pagetree
> http://burwell.symsol.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/pagetree.jpg
>
> When I do this, the checkout does not work for some reason ... it stuck at the address details and does not go further ...

Please confirm that the checkout 'does' actually work if you 'revert'
your template changes above. Then put the lines above back in one at a
time untill you find the culprit.

> I will probably have more questions when I got these right ...
> I would be happy to extend the wiki howto section about this module, because I think all available docu is very weak
> and this would be my contribution to the community, but first I have to set it up by myself successfully

Ooh, any input is much appreciated. Looks like we need to build the
manual ourselves. The 'commerce team' says that a manual 'is very close'
but they have not done a lot to contribute to my mini start on the wiki.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/