[TYPO3-caretaker] RFC: caretaker_instance mass installation

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Tue Aug 24 23:47:57 CEST 2010

Christoph Moeller schrieb:
> I just don't get how to use that test without applying it to some random
> instance and then run it from there (which works, after all) - this
> makes no sense IMO if we just want to check if all given instances are
> fully created and get a list of new ones to create.
>
> Is there a way to run the test manually or by a scheduler task (didn't
> find one) and get its output? Or store it to the registry?

Never mind, I got it sorted out in a practicable way:
I created a monitoring instance for the local master, itself, and added
the test there. Which kind of all makes sense now :)

The list of missing instances is then saved in
tx_caretaker_lasttestresult and could be used from within a new
extension that creates the missing records.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that might work well.

Chris