[TYPO3-caretaker] RFC: caretaker_instance mass installation

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Tue Aug 24 23:21:11 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,
thanks for your reply!

Martin Ficzel schrieb:
> To your problem. I would recommend to solve this in two steps.
>
> 1. Check that you are monitoring all your instances: therefore the
> careztaker_selftest extension could be a good start. At the moment it
> brings only one test which takes a list of instances (as Text or URL)
> and checks that instance records for all those instances exist. Ofcourse
> it's up to the admin to create a setup where those instance-lists can be
> read only from the caretaker-server.

Good point, just had a look at the extension.
I just don't get how to use that test without applying it to some random
instance and then run it from there (which works, after all) - this
makes no sense IMO if we just want to check if all given instances are
fully created and get a list of new ones to create.

Is there a way to run the test manually or by a scheduler task (didn't
find one) and get its output? Or store it to the registry?

> 2. Create an extension for caretaker which adds some kind of templating
> for the missing instances and a sceduler task to create them
> automatically based on the list in Point 1.

Yes, exactly.
Looking forward to that!

Greetings from Cologne
Chris