[TYPO3-calendar] Migrating from cal 1.7.0 to 1.11 and TYPO3 6 to TYPO3 8.7

Markus markusd112 at web.de
Tue Feb 27 16:19:08 CET 2018

Hi,
it's time for our voluntary fire brigade to upgrade from TYPO3 6.2 to
8.7 with a complete relaunch of the site.

In the moment we are still using cal 1.7 for compatibility issues. We
are using it to display our google calender on the website.

I have studied the actual cal documentation, but I am still unsure: has
changed anything from cal 1.7 to 1.11 that I have to keep in mind, e.g.
when reusing some modified templates e.g. for the list view?

Or is it compatible, so I can simply reuse the modified template files
and TS statements?

I have seen that TYPO3 isn't using any longer extbase+pibase and all
extensions now should use extbase+fluid... Hasn't something changed in
cal as well?

In the extension directory of cal 1.11 I can find the known .tmpl files
but as well some FLUID template files...

What is the right way to start over with our new website to be
"future-proof"?

Thanks a lot,

Markus