[TYPO3-calendar] Upgrade from cal 1.7.0 to 1.10.3 ?

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Tue May 17 09:34:26 CEST 2016

Hi Markus,

Am 16.05.16 um 14:30 schrieb Markus:
> Hi,
>
> I am still using an old version of cal. In the past I have several problems upgrading to newer versions of cal, that has sometimes broken my
> installation. So I am a little bit reserved to do cal upgrades...
>
> A rollback to the old extension version is a little bit difficult, when there are great changes e.g. in the templating or database structures.
>
> Are the changes between 1.7 and 1.10 very big so that the chance to run into problems is great?

with 1.9.0 we changed to the extbase structure and refactured all files to their according places and correct naming. If you have hooks or
depending extensions, than you might have some work to do. But if it is only cal, you have to run the update wizzard in the install tool
after your upgrade and should be fine (the static includes have to be changed to the new file location)

with 1.10.0 we removed deprecated stuff, like the old phpicalendarEventTemplate reference in the typoscript.

I can only recommend to make a backup and/or if you can: do everything in a test environment....

Regards,
Mario