[TYPO3-calendar] BE added events not shown unless an admin added

Schwaar, Stefanie schwaar at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Wed Apr 15 11:35:24 CEST 2015

Hello,

we are using the extension cal version 1.8.1 and 1.7.0 with Typo3 CMS
6.2.11. We have some backend users allowed to add and edit calendar
events. The access is ruled via backend user groups where some of them
has access to the sysfolder for the calendar.

The problem is, that they can add events to the sysfolder, but on the
web pages where the calendar plug-in is stored (the cache is always
cleared when saving an event), they do not show unless an admin edit
them and resets the category. If an admin edit just to save, the chosen
category vanishes. The second time an admin edit the event and resets
the category it is fixed and the event is correctly shown.

I didn't find out what the problem is. Giving the usergroup the hole
access to all calendar tables does not change the effect.
The main user group, all users including the admins are in, has the Cal
Access Control enabled and the calendar and the categories are chosen.
If this access is not enabled the effect is the same.
Do I miss something?

Best regards,
Stefanie