[TYPO3-calendar] Updating to 6.2 with cal 1.6.0

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue May 27 00:29:13 CEST 2014

Hi Ueli,

Ueli Niggli wrote:

> Whats the correct way to update from an old cal version with an old core
> to the newest versions? Do I have to correct the issues with the smooth
> migration wizard? I somehow expected that there wouldn't be any, since
> 1.6.0 of cal is made for 6.2 LTS.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help, I'm very new to typo3.

It might be that the old calls are wrapped inside a condition. The smooth
migration wizard will report those, because it does not verify the PHP code,
but just checks for the calls to exists in the file.
It might very well be, that the offending code is never executed on a 6.2
environment.
Make sure to have a fresh backup of both the files and the database and then
just try out the update (e.g. on a dev server).
One pitfall: Make sure to update the reference index (DB Check module)
before starting the upgrade.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!