[TYPO3-calendar] category mode in 1.5.3

Bart Gijswijt bart.gijswijt at gmail.com
Tue May 21 22:04:02 CEST 2013

Hi list, hi Mario,

I have updated cal to 1.5.3 but the category selection still doesn't
seem to work as expected.

In the plugin I set Show only selected categories (exact match),
selecting categories A, B and C.

I expect only items to show up with A, B and C (all three) assigned, but
this is not the case. Items with just one of them show up as well. But
when I assign a different category (say D), the item is no longer displayed.

If for example you have red, green and blue as categories, and I make a
list to show items that have red AND green assigned, I would expect:
- only items to be shown that have both these categories (one of them is
not sufficient)
- items to be included even if other categories are assigned as well (if
something is also blue, that doesn't make it less red and green)

The logic now seems to be: 'don't show anything that has other
categories than the ones selected' - in fact if you select no categories
at all, all items are shown, which to me is counter-intuitive.

To me, more logical would be: 'do show everything that has all of these
categories assigned, regardless of what other categories are assigned'.

This would be a big improvement for our category tree, making a lot of
categories redundant. Hopefully you can have another look at it.

Best regards,
Bart