[TYPO3-calendar] huge caching queries

M. Abbt typo3-project-calendar at catch.abbt-dev.de
Thu Jun 20 10:51:53 CEST 2013

Hello,
since short time ago our typo3 setup includes the extension CAL.
Unfortunately CAL generates massive caching queries (up to ~780kb per
single query). Since we're using a synchronous mysql cluster these
queries cause heavy replication traffic and workload. This huge
replication traffic induces bad response times. The caching queries
look like serialized objects with all CAL templates included. They are
inserted into the table cache_hash. Since this table isn't growing as
you could expect with this kind of inserts, I assume these rows must
be deleted after a short time. Is there any way to disable the caching
for CAL?

Up to now I tried these approaches (without success):

1. Disable "Internal caching" in Backend / Extension Manager / cal

2. Change "Caching Mode" in Backend / Extension Manager / cal. I tried
normal, lifetime, static with various lifetimes.

3. Added plugin.tx_cal_controller = USER_INT and
plugin.tx_cal_controller.isUserInt = 1 and changed
t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43($_EXTKEY,'controller/class.tx_cal_controller.php','_controller','list_type',1);
t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43($_EXTKEY,'controller/class.tx_cal_controller.php','_controller','list_type',0);

Here an extract of a single INSERT command: http://pastebin.com/pKp6R1f0

Thanks in advance

regards

Manuel