[TYPO3-calendar] difference by setting the owner of a calendar

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Wed May 11 21:35:06 CEST 2011

Hi Pierre,

Am 11.05.11 15:50, schrieb Pierre Nya:
> Thanks Mario for your helpful answer. This mean that if have the
> following structure:
> chef1->sub_chef->employee and i want chef1 to enter events for sub_chef
> and employee; and sub_chef to enter events for employee; and each person
> to enter events for himself.
> Then i have to enter in "chef1 kalendar" only one owner:chef1. In
> "sub_chef kalendar", two owners: chef1, sub_chef. In "Employee
> kalendar", three owners:chef1,sub_chef,employee. Is that right? But then
> how can sub_chef could enter an event which will be only view by him?

Ok, I think I have to explain our basic structure first:

You can have private and public calendars. Calendars are container for
events.
If you do not assign any user or group to a calendar it's a public
calendar which doesn't need any login to present it's events.

If you assign a user and/or group to a calendar only according people
will be able to see the events belonging to this calendar.
Events inside a private calendar are by default editable by those
"owning" the calendar (sure, the fe-editing has to be enabled for those
too).

Now, there are some specialties: An event can get additional owners, who
get the same rights as the calendar owner. If its a public calendar, the
event can be seen by everyone and be manipulated by the addition owner.

One feature I'm currently working on: free & busy view of a calendar.
-> a private calendar can be enabled to present it's events in terms of
available / not available (hiding the event information, but presenting
the start and end date & time) to the public or to certain users and/or
groups.

So far for the basics ;)

Besides that there are still TYPO3 page- / content-access options to
allow further combinations

> BTW do we habe the possibility to enter an event for multiple calendars?

No, not for events, but there is something similar for meetings:

A scheduled meeting can be inserted in the calendars of it's attendees
after those have accepted the meeting via email.

BUT: if you want to have an event seen by many people, please consider
creating a general calendar and restrict the access through TYPO3 options.

Regards,
Mario