[TYPO3-calendar] table 'tx_cal_index' is empty

Stefan Padberg post at webskriptorium.com
Wed Jul 13 19:35:04 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply.

We are not able to upgrade. The customer does not want to after the
desastrous experience with the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3...

Meanwhile I understood the tx_cal_index mechanism a little bit better.
But you are right there must be something wrong on a more basic level.

I followed the instruction step by step. It is absolutely not the first
extension I am installing which makes me quite sure that anything should
work fine.

1) The extension is installed.
2) The extension templates are included in the root template.
3) A SysDirectory page is declared and filled with some test events
4) A page is filled with the plugin CE and shows an empty calendar.

That is the situation.

I activated the PHP report tool incase we have a version conflict but
until now nothing to observe...

Any idea?

Regards
Stefan

Am 13.07.2011 19:08, schrieb Thomas Kowtsch:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 13.07.2011 15:07, Stefan Padberg wrote:
>> Typo3 4.3.11
>
> Whoooops...I'm not 100% confident that we don't need some newer
> features in some cases %-| Since 4.3 branch is deprecated anyway,
> would it be possible for you to upgrade to 4.4 or better 4.5LTS?
>
>> After a fresh install af 'cal' - the Calendar Base - no events are shown
>> in the FE.
>
> Just installing isn't enough ;-) Did you follow the step-by-step
> install guide from the manual [1]?
>
>> The service 'cal_event_model' cannot find any events because the table
>> 'tx_cal_index' is empty.
>
> That's not really a problem; the first focus should be on
> "tx_cal_event". The index table is only used for recurring events to
> avoid real time calculation of exception, recurrence dates, ...
>
>> Why is it empty? Which purpose does it have? Which task can fill the
>> index-table?
>
> It's empty because you either do not have recurring event, did not
> follow the step-by-step install chapter or because you're using the
> old recurrence model. :-)
> It will be filled by the indexer, but I think you have a more generic
> problem...
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas
>

> [1]