[TYPO3-calendar] table 'tx_cal_index' is empty

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Wed Jul 13 19:08:55 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 13.07.2011 15:07, Stefan Padberg wrote:
> Typo3 4.3.11

Whoooops...I'm not 100% confident that we don't need some newer features
in some cases %-| Since 4.3 branch is deprecated anyway, would it be
possible for you to upgrade to 4.4 or better 4.5LTS?

> After a fresh install af 'cal' - the Calendar Base - no events are shown
> in the FE.

Just installing isn't enough ;-) Did you follow the step-by-step install
guide from the manual [1]?

> The service 'cal_event_model' cannot find any events because the table
> 'tx_cal_index' is empty.

That's not really a problem; the first focus should be on
"tx_cal_event". The index table is only used for recurring events to
avoid real time calculation of exception, recurrence dates, ...

> Why is it empty? Which purpose does it have? Which task can fill the
> index-table?

It's empty because you either do not have recurring event, did not
follow the step-by-step install chapter or because you're using the old
recurrence model. :-)
It will be filled by the indexer, but I think you have a more generic
problem...

Regards,

Thomas

[1]