[TYPO3-project-4-3] [4.4] Project "ugly text"

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Jan 17 09:19:33 CET 2010

Hey Steffen,

On 11.01.10 12:36, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as it seems to be really a nightmare to get a list like "project-4.4"
> (wrote several mails), I'll just post this idea here.
>
> There are so many texts in TYPO3, which are just ugly. Look at the
> install tool, this is the masterpiece of a few years of work :)
> (especially the JS popup before the login with some blafasel of GD and
> PHP 4.3 is heavy stuff).
Yes! That's a big killer for me too ;-).

> As the install tool should be rewritten (*fingercross*), I hope we don't
> have to care so much about it (Benni, status?)
I'll recheck with Patrick Broens about this, last status was that things
are moving along quite well :).

> Are there some people willing to form a group, look over the backend and
> report the ugly texts to a forge project (subproject of HCI - see this
> as a request!)?
Sounds rather like we should track this on a wiki page or something, do
you agree?

Could we also finally have:

  * Consistent LLL labels (maybe guidelines for this as well?)
  * Allow the labels to be changed on a major-version basis (starting
with 4.4), we'd need modifications on the translation server and in the
EM=>Translations submodule for this.

All the best,
Benni.