[TYPO3-4-3] Get rid of source+dummy, source and dummy package

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Feb 17 18:05:28 CET 2010

Hi.

On 17.02.2010 17:13 Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> So my goal was to make that easier, and as dummy only contains some
>> folder and 4 files i thought, why not create them on the fly. Then we
>> have only one package for complete and for update, and file copy +
>> folder create is an easy job
>
> Less is more. So I agree on Kamper*'s principle here.
>
> So renaming "dummy" as "Starter kit" is already less misleading. Making
> sure that files and folders creations are just made with 1-2-3 seems the
> next logical step.

I agree that simplification would be great in this case. Creating things
on the fly would be very cool, but it works only partly. There's still
the "file copy and folder create" part, which does not sound like
simplification to me.
Unfortunately I don't have a better solution.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/