[TYPO3-4-3] Get rid of source+dummy, source and dummy package

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Feb 17 16:12:28 CET 2010

Hi.

On 17.02.2010 14:38 Steffen Ritter wrote:
> It's about the confusion which may arise to new users and empty
> installations.

(...)

> So Steffens efforts are about: how to allow new users, ftp-users or sth
> else an better experience.

There's already a "Source with Dummy site ZIP" package which is for
beginners and fits all the mentioned needs. Just rename it to "Starter
package" and add a hugh download button or whatever you like to make
things clear. Removing dummy package does not help those users. But
clearly communicating the right package does.

I don't have a problem getting rid of the dummy package. But only if
there's an appropriate substitute. IMHO removing the package and leaving
its target group with some lines of shellscript does not help them.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/