[TYPO3-4-3] Get rid of source+dummy, source and dummy package

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Wed Feb 17 15:16:14 CET 2010

> So Steffens efforts are about: how to allow new users, ftp-users or sth
> else an better experience.
>
> Solution proposed:
>  - just unpack/upload/link the source-package to f.e. typo3_src
>  - link the index.php

If you want to get rid of the dummy package and the installer should
take over the part of creating dummy folder and symlinks to sources,
where is typo3_src and index.php located in your example?

Mabe i got you wrong but in your example you need a folder which
contains index.php and a subfolder for the sources (this is nothing else
as the current dummy folder). You have to copy/link the sources into
typo3_src and link index.php to index.php inside typo3_src folder.

This is exactly the same I do now, if I set up a new page. So where is
the benfit?

It sounds for me like a naming issue. Simple solution: rename dummy
package to an more selfexplained name.

Stefano