[TYPO3-4-3] Antw: Get rid of dependency of static_info_tables

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Tue Feb 16 16:16:26 CET 2010

Hi,

Andreas Otto schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> as stated in my note to the bug entry at
> [http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13539#c35058] this is a step into the
> right direction but does not change anything for the better, yet.
>
> We would need this together with the dialect
> [http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13539#c35078] support for TYPO3 at the
> same time to have a real benefit.

i know that the discussion now move in direction of supporting language
subtags.
My first intention was to provide the information core uses without
installing extra extension. And the alpha 2 code is already used in
flexforms.

For sure the subtag would be a next step, and there are already some
concepts as Patrick mentioned.
Anyways we should use the standard ISO codes. The complete issue is
indeed very complex as you have country codes, language codes, region
codes a.s.o., most complex will be a senseful fallback system for
non-translated pages / content, maybe the language concept of TYPO3
needs some general enhancements to be open for such subtags.

vg Steffen