[TYPO3-4-3] New project "Extensionmanager Improvements"

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Tue Feb 16 11:55:11 CET 2010

Hi,

just in case you didin't read something about it, i want to inform you
about this new project.

Aim of the project is to refactor the EM, splitting into several
classes, bringing an API to it (for possible usage from outside)

As start we have a new XMLparser (Pull parser) written by Marcus Krause,
which use XMLreader and stream. This includes a lot of benefits, mostly
save memory resource.
Here is the result of parsing complete extensions.xml.gz

Processing time: 5.8677809238434 sec
Maximum memory usage for this PHP process: 10.6 M (11099016)

After refactoring we like to enhance the complete module, reduce count
of submodule and make usage of ExtJS and ajax.
Idea:
use one listing for loaded/install/update extension using an ExtJS
Grouping Grid, having filters and search included. Example of an ExtJs
Grouping grid:
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/grouping.html

I would like to use the new integrated ExtDirect API completely.

If you like it, want to help with codeing/suggestions you are welcome.
Project page:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-em

As one Subproject we include the new Typoscript implementation we
already discussed in this list, mainly done by me and Joey. Aim is:
Having stdWrap for all properties, even for stdWrap properties.

We try to implement that and hope that it can be done all at central
place in tslib. We also like to have feedback/ suggestions / helpers.

Use the issue tracker from the project page to bring you in.

vg Steffen