[TYPO3-project-4-3] New back-end login looks

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Sep 24 20:36:51 CEST 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:08:12 +0200, Martin Kutschker
> <masi-no at spam-typo3.org> wrote:
>
>> I can also do without the clear-field and reset-form buttons. I don't
>> mind if they stay, but the reset-form button should IMHO be changed as
>> it looks like a reload/refresh button.
>
> Reloading the page would do nothing else than reset the form. So there
> was the suggestion in core-list to simply reset the form instead of
> reloading the page.

But why would I need to reload the page or reset the form. I have never
ever done this on the login page of the TYPO3 BE. And if I really would
need to reload the page I simply would resort to the means of my
browsers UI. So IMHO the button is pointless and only distracting.

> What I thought during implementation was also that the help-button is
> quite hidden and has no really useful information (before the text was
> the cookies warning, I changed it to the now IMHO at least a bit helpful
> text).

If Open ID is enabled the help button could guide you that you do not
have to provide a password, but need to enter your full ID (incl. the
http:// part).

Masi