[TYPO3-project-4-3] New back-end login looks

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:03:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

last week I started testing with 4.3 (from svn).

The first thing I noticed was the new back-end login. It looks really old
school and not that clean and fresh as the default one of 4.2.
Technical it's a real improvement (the template, cookie checking, javascript
checking etc.) but whats with al the new buttons?
Why is there a button to clear the username en password field? And a really
tiny button for help and for refreshing the form on the position a
normal/noob user wouldn't search for. I don't no how the HCI team feels
about this, but imho the screen looks/feels really crowded with things that
doesn't matter.

Furthermore the colors used (the typo3 orange and green) feel out of place
in combi with the gray. Imho the orange and green work great on light/white
background but not on the gray that's used.

My main reason for giving my feedback here (and not just make my own
template for the login screen) is that I think it's in the best interest of
the community of TYPO3 to make the outside look of TYPO3 as fresh, modern
and user friendly as possible.

met vriendelijke groeten,
Frans Saris