[TYPO3-project-4-3] Serious TS problem in Trunk

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 9 18:58:16 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hey Ernesto,
>
> you made my day :)
> It's exactly what you described, as the CType media is used, not swfobject.
>
> I like your suggestion to add references, but some more has to be done
> as it fails atm with array merge. I digg into that to make it more stable.

TypoScript references mean nothing to the TS-parser. So you won't get
any merging happening at that moment. TS-parser will give you the string
"< tt_content.swfobject.20" in your $conf array.

The "magic" happens when tslib has to render a cObject: this will
interpret the leading "<" as a reference, fetch the configuration from
that object and then array-merge potential changes done to the
reference. And then render that cObject with the resulting $conf array.

Since tt_content.swfobject.20 seems to be a cObject ("SWFOBJECT"), I was
expecting tt_content.media.20.mimeConf.swfobject also to be a cObject:
but it seems only to be a "placeholder" for configuration which is
copied from the previous cObject. There is no call to cObjGetSingle
(which would resolve the reference).

Cheers,
Ernesto