[TYPO3-project-4-3] Distributed Pairprogramming in Typo3

Eike Starkmann eike.starkmann at fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 9 13:02:45 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Eike Starkmann wrote:
>> That is one point in would like to find out in my research. Is this your
>> opinion in general about pair programming or just in the context of Open
>> Source Software Development? Did you ever try pair programming or
>> distributed pair programming in Open Source Software development?
>
> It was a very large commercial product. But I do not see any difference. Developers are developers everywhere. To me pair programming is more a distraction than creativity. I am ok to ~discuss~ how to create something but when it comes to coding I found that one person coding produces better results. But I also prefer to think first, discuss next and code last, not all at the same time :)

That's true, developers are developers, but the way developing Software
is different in a firm than in Open Source Projects. That's why i asked.

In experience pair programming is not always faster than by doing it
alone, but result in a lower defect rate of the code.

Greets, Eike

--
Eike Starkmann
This message is part of my Master thesis research. Feel free to contact
christopher.oezbek at fu-berlin.de and stephan.salinger at fu-berlin.de