[TYPO3-project-4-3] ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Sep 6 22:55:46 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> Windows knows permissions? :)
>>
>> The Windows PRO (?) versions have - if enabled, have a far better and
>> more fine grained permissions system based on ACLS than the standard
>> Unix dull owner/group/other thingy.
>>

> i know this, it was just a typical $MS joke.

I see. No real problem. It's only sad that TYPO3 mimicks the Unix way.
Unfortunately the "owner" is completely useless in TYPO3. If you make
one page only editable for a certain user, he may never go on vacation.
I played with the idea of replacing the "user" with the "primary group",
but it wasn't worth the troubles writing a patch.

> As i don't need this on my
> local computer, i only use rudimental ACL, where i am the power user
> with admin rights and the services have normal rihts. For sure apache is
> allowed to access all files in htdocs.

Apache doesn't use any of the Windows ACLs. It works with it's own
access control whereas IIS naturally uses the Windows mechanism for that.

Masi