[TYPO3-project-4-3] saltedpasswords for v4.3

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Sep 4 21:46:26 CEST 2009

Hi 2 all,

just wanted to inform you about the "ongoing" progress:

 > * remove the "suggestions" in ext_emconf.php
 >  -> only rsaauth is suggested, the others can be removed

done

 > Steffen and me (it's like Steffen²) came over to use a userfunc in
ExtMgm checking this, and make the user really clear by a message if
saltedpasswords is activated in be or why not exlpaining the reasons to
users who are not into the topic.

I implemented this...
You'll find this in classes/class.tx_saltedpasswords_emconfhelper.php
Would be glad if you would have a quick look (and testing). Afterwards
tell me:
Are the texts ok, should we localize them, are there any configuration
combinations or hints we in addition should provide to the user.

 > Second: in the EM configuration forceSalted and updatePasswd are
selected by default, but updatePasswd don't work together with
forceSalted. This looks very odd to me.

a Warning will be displayed to the user to inform him.

 > >  - for felogin "send new password" we are awaiting the patches in core
 > > > list to use the hook which is introduced there...

 > This patch is still pending as RFC #10017 in the Core List.

Since #10017 has been committed, the hook for felogin is present too.

In addition i renamed some function in _div after an proposition from
Marcus Krause.

Have fun testing the new features. I'm glad to here any comments.
Looking forward to have saltedpasswords in beta1

regards

Steffen