[TYPO3-project-4-3] Reports module and MemCached

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Oct 7 09:38:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

>>> Some time ago I read (IIRC) that reports could show status of
>>> MemCached. Is it true? Because I activated it for the page cache but
>>> I would like to make sure it works as expected...
>>>

>> yes, the memcached status is displayed in reports module as soon you
>> configured memcached.
>
> Thanks. I used an old configuration key and it was not activated.

Now I get this:

Memcached Configuration OK

I have this configuration:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['caching']['cacheConfigurations'] = array(
         'cache_hash' => array(
                 'backend' => 't3lib_cache_backend_DbBackend',
                 'options' => array(
                         'cacheTable' => 'cachingframework_cache_hash',
                         'tagsTable' => 'cachingframework_cache_hash_tags',
                 )
         ),
         'cache_pages' => array(
                 'backend' => 't3lib_cache_backend_MemcachedBackend',
                 'options' => array(
                         'servers' => array('localhost:11211'),
                 )
         ),
         'cache_pagesection' => array(
                 'backend' => 't3lib_cache_backend_DbBackend',
                 'options' => array(
                         'cacheTable' =>
'cachingframework_cache_pagesection',
                         'tagsTable' =>
'cachingframework_cache_pagesection_tags',
                 )
         )
);

However memcached logs do not indicate any activity coming from TYPO3
while issuing a "telnet localhost 11211" shows me a connection, thus
memcached is running.

PHP module is OK too:
# php -m | grep memcache
memcache

(and the same when using the Apache module version)

Other question (not related to this problem): if in future I or someone
wants to enhance the report information shown regarding Memcached, e.g.,
by giving more info and using a dedicated category. Will such a patch be
allowed to be committed to 4.3 branch or would it be postponed to 4.4?

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-mvc_extjs