[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 (and all that unknown DB-fields)

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:31:23 CEST 2009

Am Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:49:27 +0200 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> bernd wilke schrieb:
>>
>> I think the 1-2-3 wizards should not do other things than the install-
>> tool or the installer.
>
> It doesn't (though it does a few things automatically like setting up a
> random encryption key)
>
>> Else every installation can produce unforeseen errors because of
>> different table configuration.
>
> Running 1-2-3 with the "load default DB" (or something like that) and
> doing a COMPARE on an empty DB will do the same.
>
> Again, if you run COMPARE on a fresh install it naturally lists lots of
> tables and fields. Why? Because at that time no tables are created yet.
> And that's nothing. I don't get why you and Georg now make such a fuzz
> about it.

that is normal and I know about it.
This is the way I create my database-tables.

the strange thing happend in the next step, if you did the creation with
'compare' and do a 'compare to $TCA' afterwards it shows you a lot of
differences.
Shouldn't the tables be created from $TCA?
why are there differences after creation?

I have created a screencast (Ogg-Video) of my fresh installation.
but it's 54MB. I don't know how to provide it with a good visibility.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html