[TYPO3-project-4-3] logs, messages etc

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 6 17:25:40 CEST 2009

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is probably a topic for the "to be created" 4.4 project, as we
> already are in beta1. :)

i know that, but it's not too late to adjust a bit so we have a "round"
API, just some finetuning like logging flashmessages as well  etc.

The big whole thing is something for 4.4, yes.

> But I have also thought about those matters a lot and some consistent
> (and documented) way of handling logs, error, messages would be really
> appreciated.

I think most doesn't know what treasures we already have like the
syslog. It can do so much, like writing to any place / file, email etc.
But i think underdocumented and so seldom used in real world.

vg Steffen