[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 (and all that unknown DB-fields)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Oct 2 15:49:27 CEST 2009

bernd wilke schrieb:

> I think the 1-2-3 wizards should not do other things than the install-
> tool or the installer.

It doesn't (though it does a few things automatically like setting up a random encryption key)

> Else every installation can produce unforeseen errors because of
> different table configuration.

Running 1-2-3 with the "load default DB" (or something like that) and doing a COMPARE on an empty DB
will do the same.

Again, if you run COMPARE on a fresh install it naturally lists lots of tables and fields. Why?
Because at that time no tables are created yet. And that's nothing. I don't get why you and Georg
now make such a fuzz about it.

Masi