[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 (and all that unknown DB-fields)

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:41:32 CEST 2009

Am Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:57:53 +0200 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> bernd wilke schrieb:
>

>> I'm also very amazed about so much differences between fresh created
>> database-tables and $TCA
>
> Why? If you were not using the 1-2-3 installion wizard the database will
> be empty. So a compare will
>  result in a list of ALL tables and their fields TYPO3 needs.

I installed dummy and sources (with adapted script from http://www.pi-
phi.de/expand.html), and startet with install-tool:
1: Basic Configuration
	configuring DB-access and creating new DB
2: Database Analyser
	I did a 'compare' to create all the tables,
	followed by a 'Compare with $TCA'
and there are hundreds of mismatches

> The confusing thing is that the 1-2-3 wizard runs IIRC only when the DB
> connection isn't set up. But the normal "installer" has an unfortunate
> way to spread configuration options and tools around.

I think the 1-2-3 wizards should not do other things than the install-
tool or the installer.
Else every installation can produce unforeseen errors because of
different table configuration.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html