[TYPO3-project-4-3] alt_intro.php

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Nov 8 20:42:29 CET 2009

Hi,

> So i suggest 2 things:
> 1) check in EM when you try to deinstall if ext is used as startup
> modules, prevent if it'S set. This is nit enough, other users may have
> it in startup.
>
> 2) if about_modules is deinstalled, return blank document in alt_intro

I think solution 1 is impractical. I don't think it is customary to
execute special actions after some extension is uninstalled and I
wouldn't want to introduce a dependency on an ext, even a sysext,
especially for such a small issue.

Solution 2 is better, except that a blank page may look like a bug to
the user. Instead we could show the user setup module, with a warning
that the selected startup module is not available and that a different
one should be selected. Making this a generic mechanism could be useful
in case some extension is installed, chosen as a startup module and
later uninstalled.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter