[TYPO3-project-4-3] copy all JS code to typo3temp

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue May 26 10:17:37 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> What!?! Why!??! So you don't have to tell every use to clear the browser
>> cache after an upgrade.
>>
>> Every JS file will be copied transparently to typo3temp/js_<versionid>/,
>> so neither the developers nor the admins and users have to worry. The
>> versionid could either be the real version number or a hash (in case
>> we're worried to disclose the version number).
>>
>> Masi
>
> question or answer? Didn't found any announcement.

Just an idea I had.

> Indeed i'm surprised as i've written a filemerge + minify which
> generates a single js file in typo3temp.

All of TYPO3's js files?

> But it has a hash with version
> in it so with update it's forced to rebuild.

Great. Actually my point was that the code is "tagged" with the versioon
number. If this can be done by concatenating and minifying, fine.

> The merger does his job for any module or FE plugin.

I'm not sure if I want to have all JS of all installed plugins in one
single JS. Reasons: a) in a multi-domain setup this means much JS that
is maybe never needed at all. b) the JS code may disclose information
(even if static) that is normally protected by authentication. c)
Different plugins may work fine on different pages, but may break if
their code is crammed into one page/JS-file.

Masi