[TYPO3-project-4-3] State of the CSS Styled Content

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri May 15 22:08:52 CEST 2009

Hi,
> But there isn't a patch needed! There never used to be a default
> wrapping around content items. There was only wrapping around items if a
> user choose a type of frame. Now there is a wrapping for each content
> item - more markup, more csc classes - and why? The only reason that I
> can see that this was done was to remove the <a id="cXXX"></a>

where is the overhead? Instead of the anchor you now have a wrapping div
- it's also just one tag. But this div is now also used for space
below/above as well as the styling classes from the content-frame
selector. So by far less markup than before with same functionality.

If you didn't need the anchor before and don't want the wrapping div,
it's just one line of TS to get rid of it and only apply it if there is
a space or some frame defined.

But if you want it even cleaner, I could share my TS settings in which I
put the "id" attribute to the headlines if present and if no space or
frame has been selected. I can integrate this in my patch for csc
rendering - but I'm not sure if this still allowed all current
functionality.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch