[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 Distribution Concept for 4.3

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed May 13 16:03:44 CEST 2009

> "After discussion with Jeff" (I always wanted to use this line too
> ;-)), we came up with a neat idea on how to finally get a new
> freesite package going, hopefully for 4.3. This can be used as a
> principal distribution concept to package your own TYPO3 flavor.

Maybe you check out the t3designkit extension we are going to show at
T3DD09.

It's already available in the TER and currently provides a page tree wizard
with the possibility to integrate as many preset XML based page tree setups
as you like. Additionally you can create custom presets with the page tree
wizard itself. Both, presets and custom made page trees, can then be created
with just a few clicks. It's even possible to add basic page types, default
TS templates and domain records for multi-root page trees while creating the
page tree, and for those who cant wait, there's a one-click dummy page tree.

We will implement some default TS templates (call them "freesite" if you
like) to provide kind of standardized HTML code that can be used for a very
high percentage of beginner sites. Similarly to the CSS-zen-garden concept
designers can then provide skins for these standard templates and sell them
through a template-shop that will be directly connected to the backend
module. So you don't have to download stuff, upload it via FTP, unzip it and
so on. Just like the extension manager the module can connect to the TYPO3
Template Repository and directly download and install the necessary files.
Currently the default template just says "Hello World" though ;-)

For 4.3 there will be a design-importer and -manager to download skins
and/or complete templates (including TS) and modify them to fit the client's
CI. At T3DD09 we want to show the parts we already finished and discuss the
possible features of the design manager. There are still some bugs with
extJS and IE, but maybe we can find a solution for this problem too in
Elmshorn.

Hope to CU all there

Cheers

Joey