[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Mar 27 13:29:54 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> So i would like to enhance it and make usage much more simple. For this
> it'S the best way i see to implement it with flash player, as this is
> the common way streaming data in websites. To fullfil i would suggest to
> add 2 files to contrib-dir:
> * player.swf
> * swfobjects.js

I've used SWFobject only for "normal" flashes and it worked great.

> The player params could be stored in XML, eg the pi_flexform of
> tt_content, so no additional fields are needed.

Yes, but for the editor I think we need the MIME-type (?) as subtype, so
that for flash content you get other parameters than for audio or video
content.

But of course it would be handy if you could config also the TS object
in such a way. I suggest to go the way of the FORM object, ie map the
configuration of the CE and the TS into an internal structure for the
real rendering function (note that the implemenation for the FORM object
is not very good, just take the idea).

Be ready to fend off folks that cry for XHTML validity ;)

And maybe the configuration could be so generic that you could replace
swfobject easily with other players.

> The seconf drawback is, that multimedia files mostly are very big, so
> copy them to uploads will fail by size limit. Ingmar did a nice
> extension (em_references) which allows with a flag not to copy the file
> but create a reference. Unfortunally he needed to xclass 3 core files
> for doing it, please have a look to this extension.

It will come handy for the MULTIMEDIA object, but I think that these are
two different issues. The MULTIMEDIA object should support but not
require file references.

Masi