[TYPO3-project-4-3] Workspace Module - Migration of mod/user/ws to sysext/version/mod1?

Sonja Scholz ss at cabag.ch
Fri Mar 6 09:47:13 CET 2009

Hello all,

thank you for so much feedback, I'm very pleased about that.

For now, I thought using of versioning without workspaces makes not so
much sense or it's not used by anyone.

After all your mails in my opinion it would be the best to migrate the
GUI of workspaces from mod/user/ws to sysext/workspace/mod1.

I think to migrate all workspace stuff from all TYPO3 parts to a sysext
makes not so much sense because it would be a lot of work and it's not
clear if it would work.

This extra workspace GUI sysext change has a chance to go into 4.3 and
after then we can look what we can also migrate from other parts to the
sysext perhaps.

My plan is to publish our advanced staging change into the 4.2.6 part of
the workspace repository. Then you can all have a first look on this
useful change. Next week we plan to migrate the mod/user/ws to a
sysext/workspace. Then after changes from you feedback we migrate it to
4.3 part of workspace repository. Thats the plan.

I would be very pleased if you could have a short look to my changes in
workspace repository next days.

Thank you for all your feedback!

Kind regards,

Sonja