[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS Date-picker for TCEFORMS

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jun 29 10:35:40 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> A simpler solution would be to move the makeDatePicker() code into
>> onReady().
>>
> it is in onReady

I mean:

Ext.onReady(function() {
  function makeDatePicker() {
	// ...
  }

  Ext.QuickTips.init(); // needed for the date picker?
  makeDatePicker();
});

If I'm not mistaken then makeDatePicker() isn't global any more. So no
name space is needed.

>> OTOH, it would be great if *all* input fields would get an id. They're
>> much easier to manipulate from user code (or wirzards). But that should
>> be a different part.
>
> yes, the logical consequence.

Should be done without regard to the final implementation of this
feature. Makes styling much easier.

>> Implementation note: maybe it's easier to move the date picker into the
>> "wizard area" of the field instead of doing floats.
>
> i transform the input, so how to move to wizard area, the DP field only?
> I fear the distance would be too big. Also i don't know how to influence
> the DP field.
> The float is needed for the checkbox only, because DP is in a table.
> It's pure css, if you come to a better solution, please let me know.

I thought that the float made troubles. If it doesn't I have no problems
with it. And I didn't know that the input field has to be transformed.

Masi