[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJs - augment or extend

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jun 17 10:51:23 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Most of the ExtJS widgets/components come with nice defaults, but some
> of the I think could be changed for easier use in the TYPO3 (BE) context.
>
> In some cases it makes sense for me to creatte (ie extend) new widgets.
> For other cases I have the feeling it would be easier if we would
> augment the ExtJS classes. Of course not by hacking the sources, but
> with standard JS ways (like chaning the prototype of the classes).
>
> What do you think? Should we create a whole bunch of classes just to
> modify defaults and add minor featires (very clean) or is it ok to
> augment the classes?

Nils and i also talked about this, and result was to pre-create some
xtypes that can be reused specially for TYPO3. This could be done with
Ext.extend and Ext.reg. There we can set the main defaults we need.

If we really need some changes in components we could augment them by
creating own ux.

vg Steffen