[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJs - augment or extend

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jun 17 09:56:07 CEST 2009

Hi!

Most of the ExtJS widgets/components come with nice defaults, but some
of the I think could be changed for easier use in the TYPO3 (BE) context.

In some cases it makes sense for me to creatte (ie extend) new widgets.
For other cases I have the feeling it would be easier if we would
augment the ExtJS classes. Of course not by hacking the sources, but
with standard JS ways (like chaning the prototype of the classes).

What do you think? Should we create a whole bunch of classes just to
modify defaults and add minor featires (very clean) or is it ok to
augment the classes?

Masi