[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Mon Jun 8 16:50:53 CEST 2009

I absolutely agree.

Every time i show and explain the TYPO3 backend to a customer I feel a
bit like ashamed because it looks so ugly and people always get question
marks all over their faces when they see the List module the first time
(i know, a new one is planned).

I think we should completely rethink the backend design and eventually
also get rid of the 3cols approach - that's why I think just a widget
based module as start module is not the ultimate solution.

Maybe we should start some design competiton event about this, and I
also think we need professional Usability tests (whoever will pay them..).

One technical aspect i'd like to add is that a fully fluid based Backend
would be great for templating modules and developing new overall skins.

Kind regards,

Sebastian