[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Jun 5 16:27:23 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

thanks for all your input in this discussion.

One word from the intensions of the "last 20%": 4.4's purpose is to
focus on the last 20%. This doesn't mean that we stop on features, though!
TYPO3 is a community project, and that means that everybody can do what
he likes to implement. So if there is somebody who is willing to write a
concept and to find resources to code a new backend, which will be

  * amazingly user-friendly but allows us to do the same range of
functionality as we have right now (at least at admins)
  * keeps as much backwards-compatibility as possible
  * helps migrating to v5 interface concepts
  * keeps up to the coding quality with the rest of the TYPO3 core
  * ... and we all like it :)

then I see no problem with that. :)

As far as the discussion itself goes, I think we don't need a new
backend, but a editor-focused, trimmed down and easy to configurable
backend view. How this looks like can be discussed with Jens, with the
HCI Team, with the Core team, on this list, on the dev-list.

All the best,
Benni