[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jun 3 09:54:39 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Do you think adding more tasks to 5.0 will guarantee that they will be
>> solved or it will make 5.0 to appear faster? :) 5.0 has enough work
>> already.
>
> full ACK. this should be a 4.x task
>
> And while discussing this "make-over" I suggest to take 2
> more "TYPO3-landing-pages" into account which are more relevant to
> decision-makers or people who give information to decision-makers. These
> pages are:
> 1. the TER on typo3.org and
> 2. the extension manager views in the backEnd.
>
> both are lacking a kind of categorized overview which could look similar to
> the screenshot posted by steffen.
>
> what do you think about this?

yeah, all of them should be taken into account.
I had a picture in my mind with something like

About ... (some words)
====
Help
how to start, Tutorials on t3.org, videos on t3.org
x don't show this section again
===
Start with ...
... add Content add News  create Page ... | continue your last job
(means go to your last page/last view)
===
Reports from your site (some statistics)
===
New extensions: ... (list of latest exts from TER)
===
News from TYPO3.org

only a rough idea. Would be a module like a small wizard, that leads to
the wanted action

vg Steffen